Updated: May 12, 2021
Anxiety is a common mental health issue worldwide and everyone suffers from headaches once in a-while. While doctors can prescribe medication, not everyone benefits from them or can take them. There are other ways to combat these issues naturally, such as using lavender. Choose between oil or flower form depending on your health and well-being needs.
Pure lavender oil is among the gentlest, yet most powerful of essential oils making it a household favorite for its healing properties and uses. It also possesses amazing anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antidepressant, antiseptic, antibacterial, antimicrobial, antispasmodic, analgesic, detoxifier, hypotensive, and sedative properties. This makes it great for helping with depression, insomnia, headaches, sinus congestion, hangovers, aches and even labor pains!
Flavoring lemonade with the lavender herb is a delicious way to utilize the amazing medicinal properties for calming the senses. So next time you feel anxious or a headache coming on, give the below recipe a try before reaching for the medication.
· 1 cup raw honey
· 5 cups pure water
· 1/4 cup dried lavender. dried, organic culinary lavender ( or 1 drop lavender essential oil)
· 6 lemons, peeled and juiced approx.
· Lavender sprigs for garnish
· Pour 1/2 the water in a pan, bring to boil and remove from heat.
· Add honey and dried lavender let steep for approximately 20 minutes.
· Strain mixture and pour into larger container.
· Add lemon juice and the remaining water. Stir well